PS: It’s all for God...

After much pondering and re-pondering Malaysian authority decided to go ahead with Kartika’s ‘caning’ after all.

What was the crime? Drinking beer despite being a Muslim. Quran says ‘no’ to alcohol and hence she gets to get caned.

I thought religion should be a personal matter and what one does or does not do, is something between the God and that person. May be I thought wrong... or maybe I’m just one of those exceptionally insightful people... and I just don’t GET them!

Blah. Don’t mind me. I flatter myself on a regular basis! After all who will do it if I don’t?!

Jokes apart though.... I thought a little further... and further...

Here’s what I concluded when I was finally able to take a peek in those zealot’s heads- they do these to make God’s job easy or to play God. Your pick, you choose either. As for me, the difference between the two is almost as much as ‘tomato’ and ‘tomah-to’... or well... ‘tometo’... as ‘some’ parts of the world know it as.

Whatever...

After all, I get it (or DO I really?), if YOU punish a human in THIS life, God will not have to- in AFTER life. Or does it not work this way?

Thoughts, perhaps?

0 comments:

Post a Comment