This era of Facebook-ators...

Facebook; a modern day tool for keeping in touch with everyone who may or may not be interested in every minute detail of our lives. It’s good... really, except perhaps for the second by second status updates.

I’m not a fan of that. Not at all, no.

But then tolerance and a little extra knowledge cannot hurt. After all, it does not hurt to know that Sammy went to Vegas on a vacation, or that Timmy there is having coffee, or that Stevie is drunk.

Useless information that you’d give a rat’s ass for, true, but still okay. I decide to chill out, take a deep breath and tell myself that it’s all good, worse things have happened after all.

That’s when Liz goes personal... say... she brings the bedroom to her status update. Ummm... okay. Liz, did you just write... umm... THAT..!!

I laugh... and life goes on. I laugh a bit more. I decide Facebook has good entertainment value sometimes and is a ‘keep’!

That’s until Nelly poses a question in form of yet another status update: Do I have stop being a daughter when I am a wife?

Since you asked- no Nelly- you do not. No, and no, not even when you are the sicko who is the daughter and wife for the same man! Eww... lets draw the line at incest, shall we?

But of course, I don’t say that. Mommy taught me to be civil, after all. I fail miserably at times. This post is a burning example of that fail- as you see. Instead, I check Nelly’s number of friends.

250.

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY!!!!

It does seem too many to be receiving this question. Hell, even 5 seem too many! But, is it just me?

It does not stop there unfortunately. Sometimes Nelly, sometimes Stevie, sometimes Nikilesh- a page full of personal stuffs look at me in form of status updates, and I keep feeling like the proverbial fish-out-of-water:


“I have hernia”
“Am I the sacrificial goat in this relationship?”
“I pine for Sally. I love you so much, Sally-kins. Ummmmmmah...”


Hmm... these seem personal, more personal than what Liz shared- to be honest. And I wonder what am I missing?!!

I guess these are shouts for attention.... ‘LOUD’ shouts! And, it seems like I am not alone in this thought, others are having similar thoughts too. Some experts say that Facebook statuses say a lot about who you are as a person. I think I agree. I think Nelly is obsessed with herself and a miserable whiney attention freak, so is Liz- less whiney and just as miserable .... and Stevie, Timmy and Sammy are just plain boring....

I guess that makes me a judgement passing stalker.

May be it’s time the FB-world should look up the word ‘Personal’ in the dictionary? And while that happens- I can give a good ‘once over’ to my list of friends.

And you? You, meanwhile, can have a look at this. I thought it was a good read.

5 comments:

Carnival of Social Media : Buzz Networker - Social Networking Tips and News for Your Business, Product or Yourself said...

[...] presents This era of Facebook-ators… posted at Irrationality [...]

Travis said...

Lol, that's exactly what facebook has become... a resource for stalkers and people who care too much about themselves. Constantly knowing about WHO got drunk on saturday, WHO got in a fight with their boyfriend or girlfriend last weekend, or WHO got a D on that big exam -- does get old after a while!

Pepper said...

@ Travis,
Oh yes, I totally know where you are coming from :)

Bruce said...

@ Travis,
Oh yes, I totally know where you are coming from :)

ldcjhrxfbd said...

sOjJj0 enpftmehbwed, [url=http://avqewgeukpac.com/]avqewgeukpac[/url], [link=http://ccpbnungultq.com/]ccpbnungultq[/link], http://zsqwtpcqaeht.com/

Post a Comment